Announcement on Accepting Applications for 2018 “Study in Hefei” Scholarship
Issued by Hefei Education Bureau and Hefei Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office
In order to implement the national development and cooperation strategy under the framework of the B&R Initiative, further enhance the international level of Hefei, accelerate the cultivation of professionals with international vision and expand educational exchanges and cooperation between Hefei and its international friendship (sister) cities and partnership cities (hereinafter referred to as international friendship and partnership cities), and the countries along the Belt and the Road, upon approval by Hefei Municipal People's Government, Hefei officially starts the application accepting procedures for the “Study in Hefei” Scholarship (hereinafter referred to as Scholarship).
I. Who will be offered the Scholarship?
International students from the countries along the Belt and the Road, and from the cities that have entered into a friendship or a partnership relation with Hefei.
II. Eligibility of applicants for the Scholarship:
International students in good health, friendly to China, who know some Chinese and meet the matriculation requirements of the schools taking part in the “Study in Hefei” Scholarship program; but international students who have already enjoyed other scholarships offered by the Chinese side will not be included in the list of candidates for the Scholarship.
III. Funding amount standards for the Scholarship
1. Type A: international students who succeeded in matriculating into a Hefei-based institution of higher learning will be funded with an annual scholarship of 40,000 yuan each.
2. Type B: international students who succeeded in matriculating into a Hefei-based high school will be funded with an annual scholarship of 30,000 yuan each.
3. Type C: international interns who succeeded in matriculating into a Hefei-based institution of higher learning (for non-degree study) will be funded with an annual scholarship of 40,000 yuan each or 20,000 yuan each for half a year.
IV. Application procedures for the Scholarship
International students who intend to apply for the Scholarship are required to submit a well-prepared “Study in Hefei” Scholarship Application Form and other materials required to the institutions of higher learning (the name list is attached below) if you apply for Scholarship Type A, or to Hefei Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office if you apply for Scholarship Type C before August 1st, 2018; or to Hefei Education Bureau if you apply for Scholarship Type B before September 30th, 2018. For further information, please contact the institutions of higher learning (for Scholarship Type A) or Hefei Education Bureau (for Scholarship Type B) or Hefei Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office (for Scholarship Type C).
We will start screening the applicants respectively on September 3rd, 2018 (Type A and C) and October 8th (Type B) and decide who will be qualified for the scholarship. The final outcomes will be informed to the application entities or applicants via e-mail, fax or telephone. Please keep in touch and make yourself available.
Contact person: Liu Yang
Tel.:+86-551-63538611 Fax: +86-551-63538604
1. Detailed Guidelines to Application for “Studying in Hefei” Scholarship
2.“Study in Hefei” Scholarship Application Form (Type A)
3. “Study in Hefei” Scholarship Application Form (Type B)
4. “Study in Hefei” Scholarship Application Form (Type C)
5. Contact information of Hefei Foreign and Overseas Chinese Affairs Office
6. Contact information of Hefei Education Bureau
7. Name list and contact information of the institutions of higher learning that accept “Study in Hefei” scholarship students
8. Name list and contact information of the high schools that accept “Study in Hefei” scholarship students
9. List of international friendship and partnership cities of Hefei
10. Applicant’s personal pledge for study under “Study in Hefei” Scholarship
11. Letter of Authorization to the Guardian in China
12. Foreigner Physical Examination Form
July 11, 2018